The Literacy Coordinator is responsible for identifying suitable age-appropriate curricula, helping staff create age and developmentally appropriate activities and lesson plans, and overseeing implementation of program activities. The Coordinator will also have a key role in coaching and developing staff to foster continuous quality improvement (e.g., through data-informed decision-making, effective supervision and professional development).
- Work with our 15 school and center-based sites to create and develop a coordinated family literacy approach and activities for QCH.
- Work with QCH leadership to construct a long-term plan for fully embedding and sustaining literacy as an agency-wide focus.
- Work with the citywide campaign to expand family literacy programming and establish partnerships with literacy organizations.
- Work with and train the Education Specialists at each of the school and center-based sites to review all lesson plans and ensure proper alignment to Family Literacy best practices around family literacy and DOE standards.
- Assist participants in actively achieving increased comprehension and retention of specific subject material, and improve academic skills in designated areas.
- Support staff in execution of lesson plans, academic activities, and give constructive feedback. Provide coaching on classroom management and other areas.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Master’s degree in Education; teaching credentials a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working with youth in a teaching, group work, or session facilitation capacity.
- Knowledge of NYS Common Core Standards; experience in curriculum development and implementation in secondary education.
- Exceptional coaching and problem solving skills that will support, develop, and evaluate staff.
SALARY: Mid-$50K range, commensurate with experience;
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 11A-7P, with flexibility for meetings, special events, and school schedules
Please send a resume and a cover letter that highlights your experience and interest related to this role, with subject line “Family Literacy Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org .