Hours: flexible days and evenings
The ABE/GED instructor will lead classes, instruct students in all subjects necessary to pass the GED exam .Instructors will assist in developing curriculum and materials, design lessons, maintain a successful learning environment, collaborate with program staff and maintain and submit client program data.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education preferred. Three (3) year teaching experience in GED preferred.
- Knowledge of Pre-GED and GED curriculum and NYS testing requirements. Ability to teach all subject areas (reading, math, science, social studies and writing).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to incorporating innovative teaching methods.
- Ability to assess differences in learning styles and capitalize on student strengths.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain classrooms conducive to learning and facilitate successful participant engagement.
- Establish clear expectations and encourage student accountability. Implement quality instructional practices, and vary methods of instruction, to encourage participation and retention
- Teach classes and conduct whole group, small group and individualized instruction.
- Conduct regular assessment/post-tests to determine advancement.
- Maintain timely and complete documentation.
- Participate in required program and agency meetings.
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to Rnova@sijcc.com. In the subject line, please indicate “GED Instructor”
Only qualified individuals will be contacted
Instructors must be vaccinated