Brooklyn Community Services' Education Center is hiring a full time instructor for its Adult Literacy Education (ALE) programs in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
The ALE instructor will teach social studies integrating reading reading & writing. The instructor will write curriculums, facilitate classes, conduct intake, administer tests, and facilitate tutoring (as necessary).
- Design and facilitate social studies classes that integrate reading & writing
- Administer placement tests, mid-term assessments, and end-of-term assessments.
- Maintain attendance records
- Attend professional development training and seek opportunities to further develop a teaching practice.
- BA in education or a related field.
- Three years teaching experience in an adult literacy program.
- Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Arabic is a plus.
Send resumes to:
Deputy Director, Education Center