The Education Center located in Brooklyn, NY 11233 is seeking a part-time Adult Basic Education instructor works Monday – Friday 10:00am – 2:00pm and is paid between $40/hour and $40/per hour and will teach reading & writing and math to students who are preparing for the GED exam.
Responsibilities include writing curriculums, facilitating classes, conducting intake, and administering tests.
- Retention targets, Testing targets, Measurable skill gain targets;
- facilitating classes in reading & writing and math;
- Curriculum and lesson design; Administering pre-tests and post-tests using TABE; Coordinating with case managers;
- Maintaining attendance records;
- Attending professional development training and seek opportunities to further develop a Bachelors in education or a related field;
- 2 years teaching experience (preferably in an adult literacy program);
- Spanish, Arabic, and/or Chinese preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
Click HERE to see full job description and apply.