Position: Adult Basic Education (ABE)/ High School Equivalency (HSE) Teacher (Spanish)
Days: Evenings 6p to 9pm (Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays); Saturdays 9a - 2p; with two and half (2.5) hours of prep per week.
Department: Adult Education
Reports to: Director of Adult Education
The Spanish Adult Basic Education / High School Equivalency Teacher is a part-time position that includes teaching Academics and Test Taking Skills to adults in preparation to take the HSE Exam.
- Teach Spanish Adult Basic Education / High School Equivalency class.
- Collaborate with teaching staff regarding lesson plans, etc.
- Take daily attendance and maintain minimum student attendance as outlined by contracting agency or funder.
- Complete in-take forms and create a file for each student.
- Maintain Monthly Progress reports for all students.
- Administer TABE and TASC Readiness Exam for students in each class.
- Maintain communication with Adult Education Program Director about class activities and progress.
- Submit student attendance, in-take forms, monthly progress reports, and testing information to Office Manager by established deadlines.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- At minimum two years’ experience teaching Spanish ABE/HSE and/or GED is required.
- Knowledge of the TASC Exam
- Bilingual (English /Spanish)
- Experience working with urban adults and immigrants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, verbal, and written skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com
Please indicate Spanish ABE/HSE Teacher in subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER