Mosholu Montefiore Community Center
- Conduct in person and remote Academic instruction in all subject areas (particularly ELA) to young adult participants 17-24 years of age (both in person and remote) enrolled in a workforce development program located in the Bronx, NY.
- Creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; inclusive of all different learning styles and addresses varied group dynamics. Lesson delivery that is engaging, energetic and promotes student retention. Reinforce program policies and procedures to maintain a healthy and safe learning environment. Ability to develop and implement both synchronous and asynchronous activities for students both in person and remote.
- Meet student retention goals. Providing opportunities to acknowledge student achievement. Follow up on absent students.
- Apply technology and various teaching strategies to enhance the learning experience of students.
- Provide assessments and reports as necessary and provide individual feedback to students to ensure their success.
- TABE pre/post testing and TASC assessment testing
- Participate in regular staff and program planning meetings
- Disseminate program information as appropriate; provide outreach and training to potential candidates about MMCC services
- Maintain necessary documentation records for program evaluation and audit purposes
- Attend mandatory professional development training and meetings for purposes of learning best practices and current trends in adult learning
- Monitor and report on student progress. Communicate with case managers for support.
- Provide feedback to supervisor for improving the quality of service delivery. Communicate issues and problem solving.
- Other related duties as assigned. Reports to Academics Coordinator and Program Director
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in high school and/or adult education, Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in Education or related subject. Teaching license preferred.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Sophia Antonelli, Coordinator of Academics at SAntonelli@mmcc.org.
MMCC is an equal opportunity employer.