The Lehman College Adult Learning Center is seeking a dynamic part-time ABE/HSE Math Teacher to work with a diverse group of adult learners. The class meets two evenings a week for three hours each day. The position begins in September 2019; starting salary is $32/hr. The Lehman ALC is currently hiring for evening classes.
Essential duties include:
- Providing high-quality instruction to help students develop their conceptual understanding and math skills
- Designing engaging lessons to help students foster an appreciation of math
- Collaborating with staff and teachers to develop best teaching practices and enriching materials
- Reviewing and communicating class progress with both staff and students
- Actively partaking in in-house teacher meetings and citywide professional development
- Maintaining class attendance and communicating with students about program participation issues
- Participating in student orientations and program-wide events and activities
- Conducting required assessments including TABE and TASC Readiness exams
- Having a willingness to learn and become part of the ALC community of teachers and learners
Candidate must have Bachelor's degree and relevant teaching and education experience. Prior adult education experience, Master’s Degree a plus.
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with position title in the subject line.