The Lehman College Adult Learning Center is seeking a dynamic part-time ABE/HSE Reading & Writing Teacher to work with a diverse group of adult learners. The class meets Tuesdays from 6-9 PM. The position begins in January 2019.
Essential duties include:
- Providing high-quality theme-based instruction to help students develop their reading and writing skills
- Designing engaging lessons to help students foster a love of reading and learning
- Collaborating with staff and teachers to develop best teaching practices and enriching materials
- Reviewing and communicating class progress with both staff and students
- Actively partaking in in-house teacher meetings and citywide professional development
- Maintaining class attendance and communicating with students about program participation issues
- Participating in new student orientations and program-wide events and activities
- Conducting required assessments including TABE and TASC Readiness exams
- Having a willingness to learn and become part of the ALC community of teachers and learners
Candidate must have Bachelor's degree and relevant teaching and education experience. Prior adult education experience, Master’s Degree a plus.
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in the subject line.