HANAC - Hellenic-American Neighborhood Action Committee - New York, NY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to Pre-HSE students.
- Grade daily classwork and homework assignments and give appropriate feedback.
- Maintain required records of pupil progress and development.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Select and utilize a range of different learning resources and equipment.
- Monitor student performance on a regular basis throughout the term.
- Prepare students for TASC practice tests and administer the Readiness tests.
- Manage students' classroom behaviour.
- Participate in staff development & departmental meetings.
- Liaison with other agency professionals in monitoring students' attendance and academic and job readiness progress.
- Keep attendance on daily basis.
- Submit lesson plans on a bi-weekly basis.
- Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in related field with minimum 3 years teaching ABE/HSE with knowledge of TASC and common core; experience with student-centered classroom; good interpersonal skills experience; excellent communication skills; ability to collaborate with others on staff; ability to maintain records and experience with assessment tools.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Kent Katner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 Position open - Mornings Monday through Wednesday
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer