Summary of Position: The program assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the deputy and/or program director. The program assistant will attend weekly individual and group supervision meetings, assist program managers with data analysis, complete clerical tasks, attend conferences/trainings as needed.
Summary of the Agency: The Coalition for Hispanic Family Services is a multi-service agency serving children and families of North Brooklyn. These include foster care, adoption, youth development, primary health care, mental health, HIV/AIDS case management, community health education and outreach, in-service internships and after school education.
- Act as the first line of communication between Cornerstone & the community at large. Respond to telephone inquiries, e-mails, and any written communication as directed.
- Type memos, correspondence, reports, and minutes for most meetings.
- Organize documents for all contracts and DOH requirements as directed
- Prepare admission applications, collect and review all applications, and assist data clerk with application entry.
- Assist Data Analyst and Program Managers in maintaining participant database including creation of attendance sheets for daily activities as well as onetime events
- Assist Program Managers in analyzing program data and generate reports as needed
- Serve as liaison for main office:
- Assure timely communication within the Cornerstone Community Center & CHFS
- Maintain current records and files of staff, co-locators, participants, contracts, etc.
- All responsibilities related to petty cash for programming through operations following correct policy and procedure as directed
- All responsibilities related to human resources including time sheets, new hire packets, scheduling interviews; all through following correct policy and procedure as directed.
- All responsibilities related to check request for stipends, vendors, etc. maintaining receipts, invoices, and time sheets.
- All responsibilities related to ordering supplies for programming through operations following correct policy and procedure as directed.
- Maintaining Directors Calendar and Program Calendar
- Participate in all trainings relevant to program and position
- Order and maintain rosters for school foods snack, lunch and dinner programs.
- Serve as Health Director
- College degree or comparable experience required.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with strong ability to multitask.
- Must be highly computer literate, and proficient in Microsoft Office with concentrated strength in Microsoft Excel.
- Interest in Community Development and Youth Development.
- Occasional flexible schedule is required.
- Bilingual Spanish is required.
To apply, send your resume to Diana Delgado email@example.com