SALARY: $12.00 P/H - $16.97 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Flushing YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who, under the supervision of the Early Childhood Director/Education Director, will carry out daily administrative and operational responsibilities. The incumbent will ensure an atmosphere of professionalism, friendliness and safety within the facility.
- Communicate with parents/guardians, answer phone calls, and keep a record of conversations held.
- Assist families with the program registration process.
- Prepare materials for meetings.
- Input data into the DOE, DOH and AS400 database, as required.
- Organize and maintain files.
- Maintain inventory of classroom and office supplies, ensuring to accurately track inventory expenses.
- Create documents and spreadsheets using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Generate and print daily attendance sheets, update teacher binders, and make copies of handouts as needed.
- Assist with coordinating special events, including, but not limited to, Open House events.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in youth programs.
- Minimum of one year of experience of customer service.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday.
- Bilingual in Mandarin.
Attn.: Lois Rothstein
138-45 Northern Blvd
Flushing, New York 11354