Brooklyn Networks is a free, six-week training program that helps unemployed and underemployed individuals access careers in low-voltage cabling. The course prepares graduates to obtain the industry-recognized BICSI credential, followed by job placement in voice and data cabling, security system installation, broadcast cabling, and A/V system installation.
- Deliver BICSI Level 1 Information Technology Systems (ITS) curriculum via lecture and demonstration
- Provide trainees with technical training support, including remedial training, tutoring, and study habits and strategies
- Develop new and/or update existing homework assignments, grade homework, and administer written exams
- Participate in class selection and all program team meetings and discussions regarding technical skills training delivery and trainee performance and participation to ensure excellent program performance
- Mentor, counsel, and tutor trainees as needed
- Must be available for classroom-based technical skills training Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm for six weeks, five times a year.
- Maintain or exceed current BICSI Level I Credential certification rate of 85%
- No previous experience in cable installation is needed; curriculum and lesson plans will be provided
- Have at least four years of experience delivering Adult Education to students from socioeconomically diverse and underserved communities preferred
- Willingness to audit and observe one training cycle as part of onboarding and sit for the BICSI Level 1 Installer Exam as well as BICSI’s Train the Trainer course
- Demonstrate an ability to teach various learning styles and accept and implement constructive feedback from program staff and students
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Friendly, professional demeanor, excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Must be well-organized and thorough with excellent attention to detail
- Motivated by BWI and Brooklyn Network’s mission to serve populations with barriers to employment
$50 - $55 per hour, depending on experience.
BWI maintains a fun and inclusive office culture, welcomes casual attire, and offers flexibility in work schedules. Workplace Health/Safety policy states that all new hires and contractors are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to KenTara John, Kjohn@bwiny.org by 01/14/21. No phone calls, please. Please include BICSI Level 1 Trainer in the subject line.