This team member will primarily be responsible for assisting in the delivery of the literacy based trainings for ABE/HSE youth educators, implementing professional development activities on topics relevant to the current needs of youth workforce practitioners, covering assigned administrative duties and collaborating with other LAC professional development team members on assigned projects.
Reports to: The Numeracy & Youth Specialist
- Design and lead workshops, webinars, cohorts and presentations for youth workforce and ABE/HSE practitioners
- Develop curricular materials with and for workforce & ABE/HSE instructors, including materials that integrate academic skills development and career-focused instruction
- Coordinate and manage professional development events for assigned contracts
- Work with other LAC professional development team members to provide multi-content trainings and services
- Learn and manage assigned contractual administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in education or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience as an adult literacy instructor, manager, and/or staff developer
- Experience and proficiency in contextualizing and integrating literacy instruction, with workforce development and career pathways
- Experience delivering professional development workshops to adult educators
- Expert knowledge of the College & Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) and the Employability Skills Framework or 21 Century Skills
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Comfortable learning new technology skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed with strong problem-solving abilities
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm about working onsite in adult education programs and willingness to travel throughout and outside of NYC
- Ability to effectively represent and promote the work of the organization
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing work environments and projects
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and names and contact information for two references to Cynthia Bell firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Adult Education Professional Development Associate” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.