REPORTS TO: ADULT EDUCATION PROGRAM DIRECTOR
St. Nicks Alliance Adult Education seeks a successful candidate will provide in person program coordination and direct services for the Department and providing administrative services to program participants. Help to collect, analyze and apply data to our daily operations to both to increase student satisfaction and retention.
Candidate must be able to report to the office Full-Time 5-days a week to support Adult Education In-Person and Remote Learning.
- Oversee and support all Adult Ed programming including DYCD and NYSED contracts.
- Supervise all 3 Adult Ed Case Managers from DYCD and NYSED contracts.
- Manage communication and supervision support for all 7 NYSED ESOL instructors.
- Provide support as needed to DOE OACE administrators, instructors, and paraprofessionals.
- Manage a caseload of 80 ESOL students on the NYSED contract.
- Build excellent student rapport.
- Provide support and data analysis for all Adult Education programming and inform Program Director of any discrepancies.
- Ensure ETO, ASISTS, HRA and other in-house database systems are updated on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate teacher’s professional development, and assist Program Director with general program operations.
- Provide administrative support for the department, including daily database entry in multiple systems, preparation of records and reports; maintenance of hard copy and electronic filing.
- Oversee and ensure that participant’s folders are complete; including copies of identification, documents and case notes.
- Provide orientation for new students on remote learning.
- Troubleshoot technical issues on RingCentral and/or Zoom for ESOL Instructors.
- Schedule trainings for Adult Education staff and Administer BEST Plus 2.0 and BEST Literacy assessment exams.
- Administer one on one-assessment interviews for each new participant on caseload, assessing participants education and work history, need for support services, career preferences and barriers to meeting education outcome.
- Ensure that Monthly funder reports are completed.
- Coordinate small group counseling workshops at least once every 3 months.
- Facilitate class placements for ESOL.
- Assist Adult Education Program Director in monthly dashboard reports.
- Assist Adult Education Program Director with preparing reports/audits for funders.
- Collaborate with City agencies, Funders, and Community Partners to complete required documents and provide required program signatures.
- Organize, monitor and conduct Post-testing for all ESOL classes.
- Pull-reports for all NYSED data based systems and monitor upkeep.
- Maintain good organizational and time management skills in order to ensure completion of all tasks.
- Interact with funders as needed; assist with site visits.
- Timely record keeping and quality assurance for compliance with the requirements of various funding sources.
- Attend regular supervision meetings with the Adult Education Program Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Adult Education Director.
- Participate in program meetings and RAEN training/professional development.
- Be available to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3 years and related field experience in a social service organization preferred.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish, English)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, writing and computer skills.
- Skilled at remote learning with experience using online platforms for virtual support.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling with high risk populations.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Excellent computer skills, with the knowledge of excel spreadsheets, Zoom, Google Classroom, ASIST, DYCD Connect and ETO.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team with an equal amount of focus and enthusiasm.
- Familiarity with BEST Plus 2.0 and TABE preferred.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to work with culturally-diverse individuals, bringing a non-judgmental approach to counseling and casework while maintaining a clear sense of boundaries.
- Ability to Work in Person in the Office 5 days a week. Also availability to work 2 evenings a week and occasional Saturday as needed.
How to apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Adult Education Program Coordinator in the subject line. Visit www.stnicksalliance.org to learn more about the organization. Please no phone calls.
St Nicks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.