Make the Road New York (www.maketheroadny.org) is a non-profit organization that builds the power of Latino and working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through organizing, policy innovation, transformative education, and survival services. We have 19,000 members and operate community centers in Bushwick, Brooklyn; Jackson Heights, Queens; Port Richmond, Staten Island; and Brentwood, Long Island.
MRNY’s Adult Literacy Department seeks a highly motivated, organized, dedicated part-time Program Assistant with a great sense of responsibility and desire to contribute his/her best to support a variety of tasks to support the adult literacy program. The Program Assistant will be responsible for entering data in Salesforce database, helping with student intake, and other administrative tasks to support MRNY’s Civics, ESOL and other adult education classes, as needed. This position will be 25-35 weekly hours and based in MRNY’s Jackson Heights, Queens center with some travel to other MRNY centers, as needed.
The Program Assistant will, among other things:
- Book intake appointments for Civic classes
- Test Civic/ESOL students English language skills using Best Plus software
- Enroll students in Citizenship classes and other classes as needed
- Re-enrollment of students
- Enter student and program data into Salesforce
- Get data for funders reports
- Run and analyze Salesforce data and take action to improve data for funders
- Coordinate/communicate with other staff including teachers and volunteers
- Review students’ records, email staff with different requests
- Help with filling out any forms needed, answering and making phones calls, photocopying, faxing, filing, typing, updating waiting lists.
- Attend trainings and meeting as needed
- Communicate with IT Director for Salesforce trouble shooting
- Complete other tasks, as needed, to support the department.
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish (spoken and written), and comfortable conducting outreach, intake, and phone calls in Spanish
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related career, and at least 2 years previous experience working in an office setting
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- Must be a trustworthy individual, with the flexibility to work different days and hours including during the evening and on occasional weekends in Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island, as needed.
- Strong ability and flexibility to multi-task. Must be efficient, communicative, a team player and work well under pressure; ability to meet deadlines as needed, be a fast learner, take initiative and work independently with high quality standards.
- Ability to type at least 35 wpm and have demonstrated computer experience in office programs including Salesforce,Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.
How to Apply: Please email résumé and cover letter ASAP to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interviews will likely be held the week of October 23rd.
MRNY is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQ, and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.