Interested instructors should email their resumes to the Executive Director David Yeung (email@example.com) at their earliest convenience. Hourly pay: $23.00
- Proficient English speakers with good working knowledge of English grammar and language use.
- Experienced teachers with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse linguistic and cultural settings.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower immigrant communities through English language education required. TESOL/CELTA certification highly preferred.
- Help second language learners improve their English conversation skills through communicative language teaching (CLT) approach.
- Implement and adapt lesson plans from a standards-based curriculum.
- Use digital platforms to instruct, communicate and record attendance data.
- Report to the Director of Adult Education and Workforce Development.
- Conduct lessons in classroom and/or virtual online classes and required tests and assessment, grade homework, etc.
- Assist students in job readiness skills and job application.
- Upgrade textbook and other teaching materials.
- Work closely with other program support staff members, Program Coordinator, in employment event and activities, attendance retention, evaluation, events, and workshops.
Language Skills: Candidate must be Bilingual in English-Chinese and/or Mandarin preferred; to be able to interact with students in both languages.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, basic knowledge of computer networking processes; ability to work remotely, as needed (prior experience and effectiveness using Zoom)
About Indochina Sino-American Community Center (ISACC) ISACC is a community center offering programs and services that empower new immigrants and their families to reach their full potential and become agents of change for healthy family living and economic independence. We promote an improved quality of life by addressing the needs of the whole person in a community of respect, hospitality, and non-violence.