Position Overview: The ASISTS Program Associate will be responsible for supporting users of the ASISTS (Adult Student Information and Technical Support) data system. ASISTS is the data system used by all NYS adult education providers funded by the New York State Education System (NYSED). In addition, the ASISTS Program Associate will be responsible for assisting with the training and documentation functions of the ASISTS unit and work with the ASISTS director to enhance and growth of the capacity of the LAC to analyze and disseminate adult education data.
Reports to: The Director of ASISTS
- Support ASISTS users on how to use the ASISTS data system to accurately track and report student data. This support will be provided by email, over the phone and through webinars.
- Communicate any ASISTS software issues with the ASISTS Senior Developer.
- Assist the ASISTS Associate Director in planning and conducting ASISTS training sessions
- Work with the ASISTS Associate Director to develop an online self-paced ASISTS training course
- Work with the ASISTS team to create and update documentation to post online and for trainings.
- Work with the ASISTS team to keep internal documentation and technical support system (Fogbugz) updated and accurate
- Work with the ASISTS team to transition ASISTS to a system that is compliant with new Federal regulations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years of experience working in an adult education program in a teaching or management capacity
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed with strong problem-solving abilities
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm about working onsite in ABE and HSE programs and willingness to travel throughout and outside of NYC
- Ability to effectively represent and promote the work of the organization
- Technologically adept with some experience in creating documentation a plus
- Some knowledge of web authoring tools a plus
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing work environments and projects
Please forward resume and cover letter (or any questions) to Venu Thelakkat at email@example.com