Under the supervision of the Director and Assistant Director of Education Programs, the HSE Instructor will provide high school equivalency instruction to daytime students at the Adult Learning Center. Classes are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9am – 1pm, beginning in September.
- Create a student-centered, engaging learning environment, as required by CUNY
- Deliver effective distance learning and in-person instruction in all subject areas: math, science, reading, writing, and social studies, helping to prepare students for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC). Classes will be remote for fall 2020. Distance learning will include both synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Assess student progress and provide feedback
- Administer required assessment, which may include TABE and TASC Readiness
- Maintain attendance records and communicate with office and counselors on student absences and/or issues
- Complete 14 hours of professional development through the Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN)
- BA or BS in education or related field
- Minimum two years related teaching experience, preferably in grant-funded literacy programs
- Experience teaching online classes preferred
- Experience creating thematic, content-based curricula
- Ability to integrate technology into lessons
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
Please send cover letter and resume to Gilberto Gerena, Director of Education Programs at email@example.com and cc: LYouman@citytech.cuny.edu (Leah Clay-Youman)
Starting salary range: $33 - $38 p/h