The Center for Family Life is a neighborhood based social service agency offering a comprehensive range of services to children and adults while contributing to community building. The services include family counseling, adult and youth employment services, emergency food and extensive social, educational, and recreational programming at various local schools.
The Adult Employment Program is an open admissions job readiness program that assists unemployed and underemployed participants with their search for work. The services include job readiness preparation, assessment and referrals according to participants' needs. The Adult Employment Program is currently looking for a Case Manager to help unemployed job seekers with their search for work and to provide case management services to immigrant families.
The Case Manager will be a full-time (35 hours/week) staff member of Center for Family Life. The Case Manager will be responsible for providing culturally competent, strength-based case management services to immigrant families whose primary language is Spanish.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting intake interviews to identify families who qualify for the program
- Facilitating Orientation and other workshops for new participants, and providing detailed information about the Program, all other services available at CFL and at community partners and other City-funded programs that support immigrant families.
- Collaborating with families to develop a Comprehensive Needs Assessment and a Family Services Plan (FSP)
- Connecting family members to services identified in the FSP, including scheduling appointments, maintaining communication with service providers, and following up on appointments; Accompanying clients to appointments as needed
- Meeting with each family at least bi-weekly; Reassessing the needs of family members and service effectiveness to inform changes to the FSP
- Coaching family members to develop self-advocacy skills and become self-sufficient as they navigate the complex systems that affect their lives and independently access the services and benefits they need
- Monitoring the implementation of the FSP and participants’ progress toward the short- and long-term goals identified in the FSP
- Maintaining timely case records and documentation requirements, including recording case information, progress notes, and all required documents in a Department of Youth and Community Development online database system
- Participating in individual supervision with Program Director and in weekly group supervision/professional development sessions for CFL’s casework team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology or a related subject area
- Relevant case management experience working with children and families in low-income, immigrant communities
- Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong time management skills and group work skills
This is a full-time position, primarily in person position. Salary $21 per hour with an excellent benefits package
To apply please send resume and cover letter to M.firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Family Life in Sunset Park is an equal opportunity employer.