Position: Evening Case Manager
Department: Adult Education
Reports to: Director of Adult Education
Union settlement Adult Education is seeking a Case Manager to provide in person support that reports to the Adult Education Director. The candidate needs to be a hardworking individual with the ability to multi-task effectively. This person is responsible for attendance tracking, monitoring and data entry into Adult Education Funder databases as needed. This is a full-time position.
- Processing intake application with proper documentation.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients.
- Make copies for staff and scan necessary documents for files.
- File, retrieve and update documents and reports.
- Maintain and log daily sign-in sheets for students.
- Provide timely data entry in DYCD Connect and other Adult Education Funder databases which also includes enrolling students and assisting with programming.
- Assists participants in obtaining vital social services within the neighborhood.
- Assessing participants needs for community resources
- Provide referral services to other Union Settlement programs when necessary, as well as to other external resources.
- Create monthly program reports detailing all services provided for participants.
- Attend community events to promote Career Training program alongside other Union Settlement programs
- Maintain case records and program documentation in accordance with agency and program guidelines.
- Conduct workshops that provide necessary life skills for participants.
- Work with participants to assess strengths, needs and resources; develop an individualized strategy to meet short- and long-term goals; and follow up to determine whether goals have been met and/or needs have changed.
- Develop and maintain resource information database for future use.
- Conduct periodic assessments of enrolled participants to determine progress.
- Develop and manage an Individualized Service Plan coordinating with Participants and other community resources and agencies.
- Teach problem solving and appropriate coping techniques to enhance participant life skills function.
- Develop and maintain resource information.
- Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of a participants and respond to all referrals made to the program.
- Maintain linkages to ensure documentation and verification of participant outcomes.
- Participate in training opportunities as assigned.
- Maintain and ensure HIPAA confidentiality of records (daily)
- Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit.
- Able to climb stairs if necessary.
- Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse & office equipment.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Associates degree in social services or related field with two years’ experience in a social service setting or in providing direct services to individuals or families or Bachelor degree in social work or related field.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish.)
- Ability to work both independently and as a team with an equal amount of focus and enthusiasm.
- High degree of discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Good verbal and written command of the English Language.
- Proficient in computer software applications, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills • Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 30 pounds.
- Able to work flexible hours and days – including weekends/evenings/holidays according to needs of a 24/7 programs.
Please send Cover Letter, and Resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate Evening Case Manager in the subject of e-mail.