REPORTS TO: ADULT EDUCATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR AND ADULT EDUCATION PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Candidate must be able to report to the office Full-Time 5-days a week to support Adult Education In-Person and Remote Learning.
- Administer one on one-assessment interviews for each new participant on caseload, assessing participant’s education and work history, need for support services, career preferences and barriers to meeting education outcome.
- Support a case load of up to 120 students throughout the year.
- Develop an Individual Educational/Career Plan for each participant.
- Ensure that participant’s folders are complete including copies of identification, documents and case notes.
- Support, monitor and follow-up on participant’s attendance in education classes and other related activities.
- Case notes need to be updated monthly with any status change including: non- compliance with program rules and regulation or dismissal from the program.
- Make appropriate referrals to address barriers: educational (ESOL, ABE, HSE, Spanish HSE), housing, domestic violence, mental health, college readiness, as well as, other outside resources to meet the client needs.
- Administer Best Plus 2.0/TABE testing, assist new students’ intake forms and registration.
- Monitor, document and follow up on participant’s attendance in education classes and other related activities.
- Lead and facilitate small group counseling/workshops at least once every 3 months.
- Organize and occasionally lead a mixed level conversation class with ESOL students.
- Ensure ASSIST, CAPRICORN, ETO, WISE (SNAP), HRA and other in-house database systems are updated on a weekly basis.
- Assist Adult Education Program Director and Data Coordinator in preparing SNAP monthly reports.
- Provide referrals to support services and internal St Nicks Alliance programs.
- Assist Adult Ed Coordinator with preparing reports/audits for funders.
- Maintain excellent organizational and time management skills in order to ensure completion of all tasks.
- Timely record keeping and quality assurance for compliance with the requirements of various funding sources.
- Attend monthly case manager meetings/supervision.
- Support Adult Education partnerships with ESOL instructors.
- Perform other tasks (i.e. graduation ceremonies, student recognition, etc) in support of St. Nicks Alliance as directed.
- Participate in program meetings and funder professional development.
- Support all Adult Education programming at St. Nicks Alliance Workforce Center.
- Must be flexible and be available to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, and Bachelors Degree preferred or 3 years related field experience in social service organization preferred.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish, English))
- Ability to work with culturally-diverse individuals, bringing a non-judgmental approach to counseling and casework while maintaining a clear sense of boundaries.
- Public speaking skills preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, writing and computer skills.
- Must be comfortable using databases and entering case notes into required systems.
- Experience crisis management/ intervention skills preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling with high risk populations.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team with an equal amount of focus and enthusiasm.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to Work in Person in the Office 5 days a week. Also availability to work 2 evenings a week and occasional Saturday as needed.
- Skilled at remote learning with experience using online platforms for virtual support.
How to apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Adult Education Program Coordinator in the subject line. Visit www.stnicksalliance.org to learn more about the organization. Please no phone calls.
St Nicks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.