In partnership with the Department of Youth and Community Development, OBT launched the Advance and Earn Program in 2020. The program, a unit of OBT’s Young Professional Institute, helps opportunity youth, those young people between the ages of 17 and 24 who are neither enrolled in school nor participating in the job market, further their career prospects through comprehensive High School Equivalency (HSE) test preparation, employer-recognized trainings, credentials and certifications, and paid internships. There are 3 main components of the program: contextualized academic programming, comprehensive HSE and work-based learning, and sector-focused advanced training in Digital Marketing.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide strength-based case management and counseling to young adults at all phases of the Advance and Earn model.
- Maintain case tracking, case conferencing and group supervision models to assure that young adults and staff are holistically supported.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Provide case management and crisis management as required.
- Attend relevant professional development and provide referrals for external training for staff.
- Develop and facilitate essential skills workshops.
- Monitor the flow of young adults throughout program components.
- Enter and track data in all relevant systems.
- Input case notes and participant assessments.
- Participate in all team meetings, required trainings, and case conferences.
- Work cohesively with an interdisciplinary team to provide multi-tiered interventions.
- Monitor and track student attendance.
- Develop and facilitate retention events for students.
- Engage participant stakeholders, such as families and community partners to ensure best outcomes for youth.
- Monitor and facilitate intakes and ongoing student assessments throughout program.
- Participate in internal trainings on Motivational Interviewing (MI), and employ MI strategies as a primary modality of practice.
- Other assignments as needed in support of supervisor and managers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vison.
- Be proactive in identifying resources for referral and crisis management assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external partners.
- Be driven to create a strong culture of high accountability and high support.
- Lead by example and model integrity.
- Value and cultivate a learning environment; embody a growth mindset.
Education and Experience/Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of case management experience required.
- Experience working with opportunity youth.
- Experience in workforce programs a plus.
- Conducting client intakes and interviews.
- Experience in developing and monitoring case notes and client assessments.
Interested candidates should apply on OBT's website: https://obtjobs.org/job-posts/