PART TIME SPANISH Pre-HSE INSTRUCTOR POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of the Adult Education Pre-College Programs, the Spanish Pre-HSE Instructor will provide basic education instruction (pre-high school equivalency preparation) in Spanish at LaGuardia Community College for students with low reading and math skills, who are not eligible for the HSE class. Hybrid classes are offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6pm-9pm, beginning September 2023.
All instruction will be conducted in Spanish in person 2 days per week and remote 1 day per week with Zoom and utilizing asynchronous learning platforms such as Google Classroom.
- Create a student-centered, engaging learning environment,
- Develop theme-based, contextualized lessons using both synchronous and asynchronous instruction in all subject areas (math, science, reading, writing & social studies) with lessons in basic level reading, writing and math
- Assess student content knowledge and tailor instruction relevant to GED preparation.
- Evaluate student progress and provide feedback, both formally and informally
- Prepare students to move to the next level HSE class.
- Administer required assessments, such as GED Ready exams.
- Maintain attendance records and work collaboratively with the office staff and case managers on student participation and needs.
- Participate in professional development and attend staff meetings.
- BA or BS in education or related field
- Minimum two years related teaching experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Knowledge of GED exam and subject area content in Spanish
- Experience teaching online classes preferred
- Ability to create thematic, content-based curricula
- Proficient at integrating technology into lessons
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills
Send cover letter and resume to Olivia Mayer at email@example.com