- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Research and write lesson plans: create and facilitate activities connected to lesson plans that maintain student interests and retention.
- Deliver lessons using effective methodology.
- Administer pre- and post-tests and other evaluative tools.
- Track classroom attendance and other student monitoring devices.
- Track deadlines and maintain comprehensive calendar of reports and forms due, and fill out all appropriate forms completely; submit in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; BA / BS degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching Spanish and / or other languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, strong attention to details and willing to work with others.
- Strong hospitality skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a must.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Spanish Instructor” to email@example.com or to:
Attn.: Caroline Sanchez
180 West 135th Street
New York, New York 10030