SoBro is seeking dynamic part-time instructors for our ABE and Pre-HSE classes to work with a diverse group of young adult learners ages 17 – 24. The position begins in October 2016; starting salary range is $30 - $40/hr. Classes are generally held in the mornings.
Essential Duties Include:
- Providing high-quality theme-based instruction to help students achieve either educational gains or prepare for the TASC exam in all five (5) competency areas.
- Designing engaging lessons to help students foster a desire for learning
- Collaborate with staff and teachers to develop best teaching practices and engaging materials
- Review, communicating and document class progress with both staff and students
- Actively partake in department meetings and professional development
- Maintain class attendance and communicating with students about program participation issues
- Conduct required assessments including TABE and TASC Readiness exams
Candidate must have Bachelor's degree and relevant teaching and education experience. A Master’s Degree a plus.
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to Roman Woodson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.