Positions: Math, Writing, Reading, and College Computer Skills Lecturers
Start Date: March 6, 2023 to May 12, 2023
Salary: Hourly Rate starts at PSC CUNY negotiated rate
SUNY Queens EOC (administered by York College, CUNY) seeks three part-time adjunct lecturers for Pathways to College to work remotely (evening classes) and in person (day classes) at its Jamaica location. The Center serves an adult, diverse, multi-ethnic population of students.
- Bachelor’s degree required or Master’s degree preferred;
- Proficiency in remote learning instruction;
- Knowledge of Google Classroom and Zoom proficiency; as well as,
- Experience working with adult learners and recognizing various learning styles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct courses in person during day hours or remotely during evening hours;
- Establish clear goals and expectations;
- Develop lesson plans and maintain a cooperative learning environment;
- Monitor students’ performance and attendance for required reporting systems;
- Keep students and administrators informed of student progress by sharing collected data; and
- Provide feedback to students during office hours.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, an updated application letter, and the names and contact information of at least 3 references to email@example.com.