FHC Services for Older Adults Department is seeking Computer Class Instructors for our Older Adult Centers in Sunset Park and Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The department seeks to ensure that older adults who attend FHC programming in South Brooklyn remain connected to community and familial resources that support health and safety, foster resiliency and facilitate engagement with community life.
- Teach 1 to 2 computer classes per week, for a commitment period of at least 15 weeks or longer. Classes are one hour long. Scheduling will depend upon the needs of the Older Adult Center and availability of the Instructor.
- Independently research, design, and implement lessons tailored to participant needs.
- Provide training on basic computer skills such as internet usage, email, and web-based calendars.
- Build participant ability to use digital tools confidently and safely (education re. cybersecurity and avoiding scams).
- Assist participants in engaging with virtual programs/services offered on video conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
- Communicate in a timely way with Older Adult Center staff regarding scheduling of classes, documentation of class participation and content, and billing/invoicing.
- Complete vendor onboarding to become a with NYU Langone financial payment system, and follow all NYU Langone fiscal practices in order to receive payment for services.
- At least one year of experience teaching computer classes to adults strongly preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish, English/Russian, or English/Cantonese strongly preferred.
- Interest in working with an older adult population.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude, patience, and a sense of humor.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to Lauren Volkmer, Director of Services for Older Adults, at email@example.com