with potential for full-time permanent position
For 34 years, schools in the Internationals Network have provided options for English Language Learners. We are currently seeking passionate, skilled and committed professionals to join our team in a New York-based position to start as a full-time temporary position with potential for full-time Data Analysis + Reporting Associate.
WHO WE ARE
English Language Learners represent nearly 10% of the US public school population. Across the US, immigrant ELLs graduate at among the lowest rates and dropout at among the highest of all student subgroups. Internationals Network for Public Schools is the only school development and support organization that specifically addresses the educational needs of this population.
Our mission is to provide quality education for recently arrived immigrants in middle and high schools by growing and sustaining a strong national network of innovative public secondary schools, while broadening our impact by sharing proven best practices and influencing policy for English Language Learners (ELLs) nationally.
We partner with public schools, districts, community organizations, and others to design, open and support schools and provide professional development and resources to educators.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Key components of the work in data and reporting are: 1) supporting schools to understand and use their student data to make strategic decisions and 2) gauging the success of programs and services as we transform schools that serve multilingual youth. In your role as Data Analysis + Reporting Associate you will support efforts on the impact of our programs and services across Internationals Network’s 16 New York City-based schools and 14 other schools and academics (in California, DC, Maryland, and Virginia, New Jersey, upstate New York). The Associate reports to the Director of Research and Innovation supporting data collection, analysis and reporting (both quantitative and qualitative) across Internationals Network, preparation of materials for engaging staff in review of impact data with the goal of continuous improvement. The Associate works across multiple projects to prepare evaluation materials for Internationals Network services and with staff across the organization to understand the impact of Internationals Network services on schools, students, and teachers. As a collaborator across teams, the Data Analysis and Reporting Associate works with Program, Development and Communications staff to collect and maintain data on impact of professional development services, provides updated data on schools and services, synthesizes articles and reports from the field to support development of new services as well as programmatic research efforts for continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU BRING
Internationals Network is looking for committed, energetic staff to continue to scale the work of our growing network of public secondary schools serving immigrant multilingual youth. We seek individuals inspired by our mission and motivated to improve educational programs and services for immigrant English Language Learners across the US. You'll be right at home here if you are a skilled data analyst and are passionate about issues related to equity, are a creative and collaborative thinker, and are a great communicator looking to grow as a professional by working collaboratively.
WE EXPECT THE Data Analysis + Reporting Associate to:
- Demonstrate analytical skills (Excel, Tableau), with the ability to make data requests, understand and navigate databases, combine datasets from different sources, prepare evaluation materials for services, and compile results for analysis;
- Be strong in project management, efficient, organized and nimble, with the ability to multitask, self-monitor, and self direct;
- Work independently to create timelines and juggle multiple requests;
- Demonstrate technical skills across the Google and Microsoft platforms, including Google docs, forms and spreadsheets, databases, Tableau, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Demonstrate keen analytical skills and attention to detail
- Be a diplomatic communicator who can work collaboratively and facilitate discussions with a range of school and organizational staff, district leaders, and teachers
- Be able to apply research skills and critical thinking, with the ability to use multiple sources and streams of data to generate insights about our schools, i.e. public data, spreadsheets from schools, surveys, and other published research
- Be a critical thinker, using decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action
- Demonstrate strong writing skills, with the ability to synthesize, find key ideas, summarize and write short reports for internal and external audiences
- Collect, track, and report program and school data upon request
- Prior experience or interest in learning data visualization skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with K-12 in NY and/or CA
- Familiarity with NYC DOE Systems (ATS, STARS) a plus
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For more information on Internationals Network for Public Schools, visit our website at www.internationalsnetwork.org