CPS is seeking to fill the grant-funded position of Director of Adult Education. The Adult Education program offers English to speakers of other languages (ESOL), and preparation for the high school equivalency credential to approximately 400-500 students yearly. The Director of Adult Education will work in tandem with CPS’s other Program Directors to develop supported entry programs into college and careers.
Specific duties include adherence to grant requirements, development and implementation of creative, dynamic, programming and course offerings; enhancement of skills of instructors and students through program and staff development, including new educational technology and existing learning tools/aids; budget oversight; standardization of curriculum; recruitment; data oversight, including employment and academic outcomes. Must be experienced, energetic, innovative and compassionate adult educators and leaders with a proven track record in successful strategies for instructional development; student assessment, evaluation and outcomes; fiscal management and staff performance.
- Experienced educator with strong commitment to adult learners and administrative and fiscal management expertise.
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred or commensurate experience.
- Extensive experience in adult literacy field and the National Reporting System (NRS).
- At least five (5) years classroom experience in adult basic education and five (5) years supervisory experience; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Significant experience managing programs, particularly programs involving multiple partners, funding and the use of data to manage program evaluations and budgets.
- Knowledge of current workforce needs related to education/training options.
- High degree of computer proficiency and comfort with interpreting and using data for program improvement.
- Ability to be flexible. Prioritize and manage multiple programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume to
Sharon Mackey-McGee, email@example.com
Please include Adult Ed Director in the subject line