Reports to: Senior Director of Learning and Career Development
Location: Bronx, NY
About Phipps Neighborhoods:
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We're dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
The Phipps Neighborhoods Education Services portfolio provides young Bronx residents over the age of 16, as well as adults, with an array of services including pre-HSE, HSE, ESOL and technology training that allows them to gain the skills and education they need to obtain employment.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Learning and Career Development, the Director of Education Services will lead all relevant program operations, budget management, partner engagement, and programmatic evaluation for all programs in the Education Services portfolio.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a groundbreaking portfolio that has given hundreds of young people and adults in the Bronx the chance to pursue education, training and post-secondary opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders related to the growth and success of the program, including community members, external partners and educational institutions.
- Work with the Senior Director of Learning and Career Development to oversee the implementation of strategic planning, implementation of graduate recruitment strategies, retention initiatives, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Direct, supervise and develop the personnel working within the Education Services portfolio to ensure a highly motivated and efficient staff.
- Observe and evaluate instructors and teachers to perform and initiate appropriate corrective actions and reports as required.
- Convene and facilitate regular meetings with partners to assess progress, identify challenges and determine solutions to address them productively.
- Work with the Education Learning Initiative staff to select, develop and/or refine curricula that will prepare participants for sustained career-oriented employment and advancement.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain high-level relationships with health institutions and all external partners, while developing new partnerships as necessary and appropriate.
- To support teachers and instructors in developing their skills in differentiated instruction and behavior management for students of varying abilities who share a common classroom setting.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Learning and Career Development, work with the development team to diversify funding streams to increase and expand program offerings and services.
- Develop and manage program budget, including reports, vendor relationships, incentives and stipends.
- Represent Phipps Neighborhoods and Education Services programs internally and externally, including at conferences, meetings and with funders.
- Monitor program performance and progress via data collection and reporting including making changes for improvement when necessary.
- Coordinate activities with other Phipps Neighborhoods programs to foster program integration and collaboration throughout the agency.
- Plan special events and activities for program participants and staff.
- Participate in agency-wide task forces or committees as necessary, as well as supporting the infusion of career readiness and best practices from Education Services programs across the agency.
- Perform other related tasks as deemed necessary by the Senior Director of Learning and Career Development.
- Master's Degree in Education or related fields strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree with (5) years of experience considered.
- Direct experience in the education setting such as working in a school and/or managing education programs.
- Experience managing a staff of instructors, teachers, volunteers and interns.
- BEST Plus certification and TABE Testing certification preferred.
- Have demonstrated experience working with differentiated instruction with learners with academic challenges.
- Strong background in operating and leading the development, implementation and evaluation of education programs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including program participants, staff, funders and program partners.
- Must be data-driven and have the ability to possess advanced skill in database management/managing multiple database systems.
- Have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and execute assignments with minimal supervision and under tight time constraints.
- High degree of flexibility, a spirit of innovation and a sense of humor are strongly encouraged
Salary: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
How to apply: Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.