Job Summary: Oversee HANAC’s adult literacy and legal immigration services funded under multiple contract sources. Ensure contract requirements of quality program content, curriculum development, and service delivery are met consistently.
Reports to: Director of Operations and Program Development
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Institute appropriate systems and procedures to ensure the orderly delivery of program services as prescribled by the program contracts for Adult Literacy and Legal Immigration programs,
- Responsible for the overall development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of the contracts and components,
- Provide direction and leadership to the program staff to insure implementation and coordination of activities,
- Ensure programs meet performance targets according to contract requirements,
- Ensure curriculum content and delivery are in compliance with funding sources within required set standards as well as meet established guidelines of contracts,
- Lead, supervise and evaluate staff of educators, case managers, and administrative staff to ensure quality programs in compliance with HANAC’s and funding sources’ performance standards,
- Monitor enrollment and ensure enrollment targets are met for all programs in each cycle,
- Establish and maintain communications with funding agencies; for planning tracking and reporting program deliverables and outcomes,
- Utilize provided software for reporting to funding sources (ASISTS, CAPRICORN and others),
- Ability to understand and analyze budgets as assigned by contracted vendors
- Prepare and submit to Administration for approval to submit to funding source monthly, quarterly, annual performance reports, track progress to reach milestones and performance targets,
- Involvement with program contract agencies and related community agencies, committees and associations such as NYCCAL, NY Coalition for Immigrant Services, NYC DYCD, RAENs.
- Other duties as may be required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with three to five years working for not-for-profit Adult Literacy programs with Legal Immigration components. Master’s degree in Education, administration or other related field with 3 years experience in supervisory role working in Adult Literacy and Legal Immigration.
Superb leadership, analytical, organizational and management skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including grant writing skills. Effective interpersonal and team-building capabilities. Ability to establish and utilize linkages including HANAC’s other programs to enrich program activities and meet the needs of clients.
Computer Skills – Microsoft Office. Knowledge of ASISTS, CAPRICORN and BEST PLUS certified.
This position is determined to be Exempt for purposes of the US DOL FLSA.
Salary: low $60s.
Please respond to HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax to 212-840-8384 with SHORT cover letter and UPDATED resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.