We have a highly promising 2-generation model of education that consists of free ESOL, HSE, and pre-HSE classes for parents operated in close partnership with early childhood education programs across the City. We contextualize instruction for the unique strengths, needs, and opportunities of parents and integrate evidence-based child development and parenting content based on the latest brain science and the Hand-in-Hand Parenting model (www.handinhandparenting.org). This unique approach has produced impressive initial results for both parents and their young children.
We are looking for an experienced education leader to help us deepen our results with current partners and expand our program through new partnerships in different locations throughout the City.
The Director of Programs will:
- Serve as education director of the organization, providing oversight of 15-20 classes and supervising our team of outstanding full-time ESOL, HSE, and pre-HSE instructors and other education staff;
- Manage our education programs to achieve desired outcomes, developing and tracking key indicators of success and providing support to instructors to intervene when parents are not on track for successful outcomes;
- Ensure that we have the data, personal stories, and other insights from students and teachers to continually improve our performance and communicate our results to external audiences;
- Work closely with development and communication staff to collaborate on grant applications and ensure all fundraising and communications are sound and well-informed;
- Oversee student recruitment, intake, placement, pre- and post-testing, and transition to next academic or vocational step;
- Develop and manage relationships with partner agencies in early childhood education throughout the City;
- Provide vision, inspiration, and leadership to achieve world-class results.
Minimum experience and qualifications include:
- 7 years experience in adult education or related field;
- 5 years experience managing education or related programs;
- 5 years experience supervising teachers and other staff;
- Experience creating program budgets and writing grants a plus;
- A Masters Degree in adult education or relevant field
To apply, please email a resume and a cover letter summarizing your experience and vision for program leadership along with your salary expectations to email@example.com no later than September 25, 2015.