Our Education & Workforce Fellow will serve as the lead researcher and author on policy reports, data briefs, op-eds and other publications related to CUF’s mission of expanding economic opportunity in New York City. The fellow will also help us communicate our research findings and recommendations to policymakers and identify new avenues for research. The research will focus on a range of opportunities to expand and improve programs that help New Yorkers develop the skills and educational credentials needed to succeed in today’s economy, including:
- Boosting academic and career success for students at New York’s public colleges and universities
- Building successful pipelines into the tech sector and other high-wage industries; upskilling New York’s workforce for a more automated economy
- Scaling up successful workforce development programs
- Expanding apprenticeships and internships
- Bolstering adult education, ESOL and bridge programs.
CUF is looking for an outstanding writer capable of blending journalistic-style reporting with rigorous data and policy analysis and who excels at distilling complex topics into clear, compelling, and accessible prose. The ideal candidate should have experience as a researcher or reporter on issues related to education and workforce development, as well as a track record of publishing long-form articles or policy reports.
To learn more click here.