The primary responsibilities of the position will be:
- Counsel and advise clients on all their career, academic and social service needs
- Summarize student intake forms to assess student needs, coordinate appropriate referrals/events, and incorporate guest speakers for informative workshops
- Conduct college and career workshops for student clients
- Assist students with completing education and employment plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a social work, counseling or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience in counseling individuals and/or leading workshops
- Strong awareness of the barriers facing immigrants looking to integrate into the US workforce and academic environment
- Some weekday evening hours required (approximately 5-8 pm)
- Seeking a professional individual familiar with strengths-based, culturally competent approaches
This part-time, grant-funded position will be scheduled for approximately 19 hours a week for a 6-month period (i.e., January to June 2017) at an estimated salary of $38.00 an hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to Eliana Panora at email@example.com
The Center for Immigrant Education and Training offers free and low-cost English classes in the context of specific careers and job training programs, along with career counseling and case management services to low-income immigrant adults. Our goal is to support students in becoming life-long learners and independent, contributing citizens of New York.