HANAC Literacy & Immigration Program
Reports to: Program Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to program mission, philosophy and goals
- Provide a positive, respectful, student-centered learning environment
- Respect adult learner and be aware and responsive to special needs and issues of the multi-cultural classroom.
- Develop and re-evaluate curriculum on an on-going basis in response to students' needs educationally, psychologically and vocationally
- Utilize authentic material and technology
- Track and maintain student attendance
- Keep working folders of all students' work and maintain and update individual student files and records
- Conference students to communicate student's progress and plan with students steps necessary to attain goals
- Complete all required reports as requested by the Program Manager
- Participate in staff development in-house and as provided by other entities
- Collaborate with paralegal or attorney to ascertain participants' eligibility and readiness for naturalization interview and test
- Attend staff meetings, seminars, and conferences
- Meet with case manager as needed to discuss student's attendance and progress
- Plan class activities and projects on a weekly basis, and submit lesson plans on bi-weekly basis.
- Test students using BEST Plus and assess language proficiency skills on an on-going basis.
- Prepare and participate in special projects as requested by the Program Manager
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in related field with minimum 3 years teaching ESL with knowledge of US history and government and/or Citizenship to adults; experience with student centered, project based classroom; an understanding of cultural differences; good interpersonal skills experience
$34/per hour IMMEDIATE START. Saturdays 9 a.m to 1 p.m. in Astoria Queens.
Respond to email@example.com