The P/T Employer Engagement Specialist’ responsibilities will center namely around employer engagement, recruitment, and hiring strategies; resulting in the creation of a robust pipeline of trained Cloud Academy graduates to high-quality, paid employment opportunities. The Engagement Specialist will work collaboratively with CSI’s Office of Workforce Development and Innovation team and Cloud Academy’s AWS instructors to design and provide learner-centered, career readiness activities, and facilitate networking events in response to demand for AWS certified employees. The Employer Engagement Specialist will report to the Senior Advisor in the Office of Workforce Development.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and collect IT job market trends to determine current market conditions and talent needs.
- Develop and sustain employer relationships in the IT career sector.
- Establish a pipeline of employment and internship opportunities for AWS participants and oversee the recruitment/placement process.
- Work with the business community to increase their participation in campus career readiness activities such as virtual or in-person career exploration events, professional panels, etc.
- Track and collect data around employer partners, internship and job opportunities.
- Responsible for data entry for monthly progress reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3+ years of relevant experience in workforce development, particularly in the IT sector.
- Strong knowledge of hiring practices, entry-level talent needs, and paid internship/job opportunities.
- Solutions-oriented, strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to meet established targets and deadlines.
- Tech savvy and comfortable using a variety of technology tools and software.
- A natural relationship builder and demonstrated knowledge of effective strategies for working with faculty, students, and employers in promoting a diverse, equitable,
- and inclusive workforce/academic environment.
- Highly organized and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Schedule: 19 hours a week
Compensation: $35.00 per hour
Interested candidates should apply: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=SI2301-00532