GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Create and implement student-centered lessons with a thematic focus
- Assess students’ work and provide feedback on an ongoing basis
- Maintain attendance records
- Attend staff meetings
- Participate in program-wide events and activities
- Attend Professional Development workshops as required
- Administer BEST Plus test, and participate in registration and orientation
- Work collaboratively with all ESOL teachers to share curriculum ideas, lesson plans, and classroom management strategies
Attributes of Lehman’s ALC staff members are:
- Creative, organized, and committed to learner-centered, participatory education.
- Experienced with immigrant and underrepresented adult students with a strong understanding of student support.
- Informed about issues facing immigrant, low-income, underrepresented, and disadvantaged students in education.
- Experienced in analyzing problems and identifying solutions as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including urban students, faculty, and administrators.