- Develop and implement student centered curricula
- Ensure that lessons are logically sequenced, level appropriate, and address varying learning styles and needs.
- Develop strategies and lesson plans that integrate job readiness, financial literacy, digital literacy and health literacy activities into curriculum.
- Maintain a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning
- Ensure that all students have opportunities to participate in lessons
- Administer pre and post BEST Plus English language assessments
- Accumulate, record, and report student data regarding participation, progress, and outcomes in a timely manner.
- Work with support services staff to ensure that students' non-academic needs are met
- Participate in required staff meetings and Professional Development activities
- Bachelor of Arts
- Applicants with ESL teaching experience required. TESOL/TESLA certification preferred.
- Applicants with experience working with immigrant populations
The Family Health Centers at NYU Langone’s mission is to improve the health of underserved communities by delivering high-quality, culturally-competent health care and human services. Central to this mission is our work to reduce barriers and address social determinates of health including economic stability, quality education, adequate housing, safety, and civic participation. Family Health Centers’ Department of Community Based Programs offers an extensive continuum of family strengthening and community development programs to address the broader needs of the community. Services include adult education; family literacy; youth development; workforce development; case management and supportive services; mental health services; early childhood and developmental centers; and community service opportunities.
Interested applicants should email their resumes to Sheldon.email@example.com