Location: 175 Eldridge Street - New York, NY
Status/Hours: P/T hours will vary (up to 17.5 hours per week). 9am-1pm Monday through Thursday, 6:30pm-9pm, Tuesday through Thursday, or 9:30am-12pm Saturday and Sunday. Must commit to teaching in-person through June.
Salary Range: $38.00 Hourly
University Settlement’s Adult Literacy Program provides ESOL and counseling to immigrant adults in New York City. We serve over 400 adult immigrant students annually. We offer free 10-month long English language classes in the daytime, weekend and evening schedules and support them in their roles as learners, teachers, parents, workers, and members of their communities. We build a foundation of English language and technology skills that allows our students to achieve their career and educational goals.
- Teach in-person and/or online ESOL classes as needed
- Follow lesson plans and use class texts and supplemental materials provided by the Head Teacher and Educational Supervisor
- Attend a minimum of 14 hours of RAEN-approved professional development as required by NYSED and program
- Maintain attendance records for classes taught
- Follow and enforce program policies and rules When on call, respond in a timely manner (within 15 minutes) to texts, phone calls, and emails from Head teachers and Educational Supervisor
- Read and respond to emails from supervisors and colleagues using University Settlement email account
- Complete bi-weekly online time sheet for hours worked
B.A. Degree in TESOL, English, or TESOL certificate or relevant degree
Two years of experience teaching ESOL/ESL/EFL to adult learners
Apply at this link: