Working with the Associate Director and the Hub Manager, hourly instructors will:
- Teach ESOL classes that promote English language proficiency for students assessed at NRS levels 1-6
- Follow the prescribed curriculum in a communicative language teaching environment during class-time.
- Instruct adult ESOL students in classes and learning experiences which will lead to the achievement of their educational and personal goals.
- Assist in the managed enrollment process to recruit and maintain students and student records
- Maintain daily attendance records
- Prepare weekly lesson plans for each session based on the curriculum.
Skills Knowledge & Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree required, with training and/or experience in ESOL
- Experience teaching adults both in-person and online
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with a variety of people, in a multicultural setting, involving a variety of team situations
- Experience administering standardized assessments
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of technology-assisted learning, instructional software, video, audio and distance learning
- Successfully demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Zoom
Wakefield Library Monday/Wednesday 10am-12pm
To apply for Bronx positions, visit:
Hudson Park Library: Monday/Wednesday 6:00-8:00pm
Riverside Library: Tuesday/Thursday 6:00-8:00pm
Harlem Library: Saturday 10:00-2:00pm
To apply for Manhattan positions, visit: