Henry Street Settlement
Founded in 1893 by social work and public health pioneer Lillian Wald and based on Manhattan's Lower East Side, Henry Street Settlement delivers a wide range of social service, arts and health care programs to more than 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
- Work with intermediate-level students (Best Plus Levels 3 and 4), to develop skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Assist students in navigating the activities of daily life.
- Encourage teachers to develop creative and engaging lessons.
- Develop curriculum for 23-week intermediate-level ESOL class.
- Teach intermediate-level ESOL class two days per week.
- Provide additional one-on-one or small-group assistance one day per week.
- Administer Best Plus test as needed.
- Maintain records of student attendance and progress; produce reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Certificate or Master’s degree in teaching English to adult speakers of other languages preferred.
- One year experience teaching English to adult speakers of other languages.
- Certified administrator of Best Plus test.
- Ability to connect with a diverse immigrant / adult learning population.
Please visit www.henrystreet.org/employment to view the full job description and to apply.