LaGuardia Community College’s Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET) seeks dynamic and innovative part-time ESOL instructors for its evening programs.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
• Teaching approximately 9 hours per week in an evening ESOL program (6:30-9pm, TWTh);
• Creating a communicative classroom environment for immigrant English language learner adults;
• Leading students in contextualized ESOL lessons around such themes as college transitions, career planning, civic engagement, immigration issues, and job readiness.
• Tracking student progress/ attendance and assisting the program with all required documentation;
• Other related tasks, as necessary.
• This part-time position will be at an estimated salary of $32.00 an hour.
• Bachelor’s degree, plus a recognized TESOL certification or MA TESOL course work required.
• Relevant and significant high-intermediate ESOL teaching experience required.
• Evening hours required (see above).
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references to Paula Michelin at firstname.lastname@example.org