Hot Bread Kitchenhotbreadkitchen.org/’s mission is to create economic opportunity for immigrant women and women of color through job skills training, food entrepreneurship programs, and an ecosystem of support in New York City. Since its founding, HBK has grown into a hub of economic opportunity in New York City, generating over 100 million in regional economic impact.
Hot Bread Kitchen seeks a part-time ESOL teacher to provide contextualized instruction to adult learners enrolled in our Culinary Training Program. Our ESOL program focuses on developing English language skills for the workforce, primarily in the food industry. This role is responsible for ensuring Hot Bread Kitchen members have the language skills necessary to pursue their career aspirations, move up in their respective industries, and achieve meaningful economic mobility.
- Provide contextualized ESOL instruction for members enrolled in our Culinary Program
- Implement and adapt HBK’s Culinary ESOL curriculum
- Administer Best Plus Test
- Document attendance and member’s progress
- Organize and document lessons plans
- Attend bi-weekly meetings to review members progress and participation
- Provide one-on-one support to members
- Use preparation time for classes, creating lessons and materials, and familiarization with the mission of Hot Bread Kitchen
Skills & Experience:
- Passion for Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience
- Master’s in Teaching English or equivalent TESOL Certificate
- Best Plus Certified
- Proactive, resourceful and result-oriented
- Excellent organization skills
Total Project Time: 5 weeks
Schedule: Monday to Friday 3:15 to 4:45 plus prep time
Position Start date: October 4, 2022
Compensation: $43 per hour
To Apply email a cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "ESOL Culinary Instructor - Your Name" in the subject line.