GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Teach a level 1 class two evenings a week 6-9pm: 1 Zoom class/1 in-person class per week
- Create and implement student-centered lessons with a thematic focus
- Assess students’ work and provide feedback on an ongoing basis
- Maintain attendance records
- Attend staff meetings
- Participate in program-wide events and activities
- Attend Professional Development workshops as required
- Administer BEST Plus test, and participate in registration and orientation
- Work collaboratively with all ESOL teachers to share curriculum ideas, lesson plans, and classroom management strategies
Attributes of Lehman’s ALC staff members are:
- Creative, organized, and committed to learner-centered, participatory education
- Experienced with immigrant and underrepresented adult students, with a strong understanding of student support
- Experienced in analyzing problems and identifying solutions as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including urban students, faculty, and administrators.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com