We are currently recruiting for a ESOL Instructor. This position is part-time, 12 hours/week, and the hourly rate is $38.00/hour. Interested applicants should apply to this position using the following link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=49136&clientkey=EADEA190247F3A600C15C7900B9DC6D1&jpt=a1b765689c759adf08b83ea62d8a84d6
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction to students enrolled in English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) classes;
- Prepare weekly lesson plans that incorporate the use of computer-based activities and submit to Program Coordinator at the end of each month;
- Maintain students’ portfolios;
- Administer assessments regularly to all students to track their progress;
- Assign student’s interactive assignments using online resources;
- Meet with Program Director / Program Coordinator on a monthly to discuss participants’ progress;
- Refer participants internally for support services as needed and follow-up to ensure services are being offered;
- Attend a minimum of 14 hours of trainings/workshops (off-site at the Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) or on-site using computer-based webinars);
- Attend staff development meetings on a monthly basis to receive assistance with computer-based lessons plans, computer based activities for classroom usage, utilizing laptops and smart-boards in the classroom;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Two years teaching experience preferred.
- Must be available during weekday evening hours.
- Experience with curriculum development and lesson planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to create an engaging and welcoming learning environment.
- Willing to go above and beyond program mandates for the benefit of the students
- Ability to understand the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
- Have a demonstrated commitment to supporting communities who have experienced systemic oppression and bias (e.g. people of color, LGBTQ+ people, immigrants, justice involved persons, etc.)
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field; license to teach with the NYC Department of Education preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY STATEMENT