The main responsibilities for the instructor are to work with ESOL Program Manager and the Hub Manager to implement the goals and activities of the adult education program. To teach and assist adult ESOL students in improving their English skills (reading, listening, speaking, writing). To instruct adult ESOL students in classes and learning experiences which will lead to the achievement of their educational and personal goals. To assist in the managed enrollment process to recruit and maintain students and student records.:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with training and/or experience in ESOL. NYS TESOL certification preferred.
- Experience teaching and/or working with adults.
- Instruct assigned English classes for 2 hour sessions, twice a week in 10 week cycles
- Prepare a syllabus and daily lesson plans for each session/class based on student needs/interests, and the prescribed curriculum.
- Administer standardized assessments
- Assist with the intake registration and placement of new students
- Maintain daily attendance records
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of technology-assisted learning instructional software, video, audio and distance learning preferred.
- Multilingual candidates preferred (Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, preferred
- Monday/Wednesday evening
- Tuesday/Thursday morning, afternoon or evening