The AELP provides classes in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Adult Basic Education (ABE) and HSE preparation for adults ages 18 and above. The AELP incorporates job readiness and college preparation and job placement into its curriculum. The goal of the program is to help adults improve their English language proficiency, enhance literacy skills, obtain HSEs, and obtain or improve employment.
The ESOL Instructor is a dynamic, committed educator who has significant experience working with a diverse population of adult, including non-traditional learners. Candidate will provide contextualized ESOL classes to English language learners. Candidate must be able to work independently and have excellent interpersonal skills. Must be creative, organized, and committed to learner-centered, participatory education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High student retention rate high quality classroom instruction and lesson planning that integrates performance-based assessments and technology.
- Accurate BEST Plus 2.0 testing.
- Effective classroom management and community building.
- Effective sharing of best practices; accurate and timely completion of attendance reporting, weekly reporting, and student secondary gains reporting.
- NRS educational gains targets met or exceeded.
- Experience using technology to enhance learning.
- Dedication to creating an inclusive classroom.
- Must have superb presentation & classroom presence and be a dynamic instructor.
BA/BS required, MA/TESOL, TESLA or CELTA preferred.
BEST Plus 2.0 Certification.
At least two years’ experience required, preferably with new American adults or in family literacy.
Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and electronic ESOL resources.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
The rate is $38/hr. Apply at https://obtjobs.org/esol-instructor/