- Experienced, passionate teachers with good interpersonal skills committed to empowering adult immigrant students through English language education
- Applicants with 3 plus years-experience teaching English as a Second Language who have had some experience with remote instruction
- Best-Plus Test Certified instructors or willing to become certified through training within the first semester of hire
- Instructors experienced in teaching on Zoom is a plus
- Provide remote ESOL Instruction for beginning or intermediate-level adult students (depending on class) to develop skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Develop and implement student-centered lesson plans based on student need that engage students and assist them in navigating the activities of their lives
- Administer Best Plus Post- test
- Maintain records of student attendance and progress; produce progress reports as needed
- Participate in professional development and staff meetings and work as a team member with Counselors and Program staff to deliver effective remote programming that motivates students to persist and succeed in the program
- report to the ICS Director of Adult Literacy and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Certificate or Master’s degree in teaching English to adult speakers of other languages preferred.
- Certified administrator of Best Plus test or willing to become certified.
- Proficiency in running virtual classes. Some experience in running classes on Zoom is a plus.
- Ability to connect with our immigrant / adult learning population.
ICS is a community-based not-for-profit with a 31 year Adult Literacy program and a long-tenured staff. We seek teachers who live in the local area as well as those living out of the neighborhood who are committed to teaching ESOL.
Send resumes with cover letters to email@example.com. Thanks; looking forward to talking with you.