Inwood Community Services, Inc., a community-based not-for-profit in Northern Manhattan, is seeking part-time ESOL and EL/Civics instructors to teach in-person classes on Tuesday/Thursday evenings, 6:00 – 9:00 PM, starting the first week of October through June.
- Dedicated teachers committed to empowering adult immigrant students through English language and/or Civics education
- Applicants with 3 plus years-experience teaching ESOL
- Provide ESOL Instruction to develop skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Develop and implement student-centered lesson plans that engage students and assist them in navigating the activities of their lives
- Administer the Best Plus Post-test
- Maintain records of student attendance and progress; complete student progress reports as needed
- Work with program staff to deliver effective programming that motivates students to persist and succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Certificate or Master’s in TESOL or Education a plus.
- Certified administrator of Best Plus, or willing to become certified through training within the first semester of hire.
- Ability to connect with our immigrant / adult learning population.
- COVID vaccination is required with very rare exceptions based on religious or medical exemption.
ICS is a not-for-profit located in the Inwood area of Northern Manhattan with diverse community-related programming including its nearly 40 year Adult Literacy program. We welcome instructors from the local area as well as other areas who are committed to the field of adult literacy.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.