Catholic Charities Family Stabilization
23-40 ASTORIA BLVD, ASTORIA, NY, 11102
- Provide Assessment and Orientation for each enrollee.
- Research and develop new resources and materials to enhance the teaching curricula.
- Provide class instruction in ESL.
- Administer BEST PLUS tests at intake and regularly thereafter to monitor and document enrollee progress.
- Submit monthly progress reports.
- Submit weekly lesson plans
- Maintain enrollee attendance. Follow-up with enrollees as needed to ensure their continued participation.
- Design and recommend individualized curriculum needs for students.
- Meet with students individually each cycle to review progress and need for additional help.
- Identify program needs to the Program Coordinator.
- Participate in Conferences, trainings and staff meetings.
- Assist in program development.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS and minimum two years educational teaching experience.
- Experience working in classroom setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with leading large and small group instruction.
- Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office.
- Experience in developing and implementing curricula preferred.
- Classroom management and overall strong organizational skills preferred.
- Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages, local area networks, and the Internet.
- Ability to work evenings as required.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment as needed between 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Able to participate and willing to perform physical activities, i.e. Gym.
- Required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, use hands & arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, & crawl.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Fine hand manipulation (Keyboarding).
- Transportation time spent commuting between sites for meetings and trainings.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations as needed.
Phone: 718-726-9790 x3010